The Ministry of Interior has wide ranging responsibilities over local administrations, internal security, disaster management, land management, citizenship, issuance of national identity cards, and public works and views the protection of critical national infrastructure as a high priority.
Critical Infrastructure Protection & Resilience Asia will take place in Bangkok on 5th-6th October 2016 and is co-hosted by the Ministry of Information & Communication Technology, Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Transport of Thailand and Department for Disaster Prevention & Mitigation under the Ministry of Interior.
The event has a unique two-track conference programme, and delivers a leading line up of international experts to discuss securing Asia’s critical infrastructure, from both physical and cyber perspectives as well as the ever present threats of natural or man-made disasters.
The latest list of confirmed speakers includes:
Keynote: Dr. Uttama Savanayana, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand
– Martijn van der Heide, CERT Specialist, Electronic Transaction Development Agency, Ministry of Information & Communication Technology, Thailand
– Andreas Mulianto, Security Specialist – System and Development, Chevron Indonesia
– Thongchai Sangsiri, Technical Manager, Digital Forensics Center, Electronic Transaction Development Agency, MICT, Thailand
– Kamal Thalib, Head of Financial Crime & Security Services, PT Bank DBS Indonesia
– Peter O’Neill, Chief of Transport Policy and Development Division, UNESCAP
– Thomas Wuchte, Head of Transnational Threats Department/Action against Terrorism Unit, OSCE
– Dr. Peeranan Towashiraporn, Director, Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
– Dr. Mohammad Shahir, Senior Consultant, THALES E-Security, Malaysia
– Dr. Yunyong Teng-amnuay, Director, Information Systems Engineering Laboratory, Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
– Zahri Yunos, Chief Operating Officer, Cybersecurity Malaysia
The event is also supported by International Association of Critical Infrastructure Protection Professionals (IACIPP) and many other important organisations.
The event will also include an Executive Level Introduction to Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience certified training course delivered by the IACIPP and Critical Infrastructure Institute.
Further details of the event can be found at www.cip-asia.com and delegates can currently benefit from the Early Bird savings up to 5th September.