HUAWEI CLOUD adoption soars as enterprises seek a new class of connected and intelligent applications
HUAWEI CLOUD has announced a series of 2019 strategic investments to expand its global footprint in response to growing demand for its intelligent, secure and stable cloud platform. HUAWEI CLOUD is seeing strong adoption of its services, and today operates 23 cloud regions and 45 availability zones across Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America, empowering digital transformation for organisations globally.
At HUAWEI CONNECT 2019, Edward Deng, President of HUAWEI CLOUD Global Market, said: “The convergence of Cloud+AI+5G+IoT creates a dramatically new value proposition. We define this technology combination and its accompanying changes as the ‘New Confluence.’ This new fusion creates new experiences, applications and industries, allowing all the things that were not good enough, impossible to realise, or unimaginable in the past to be realised, therefore delivering revolutionary social value.”
AI, 5G and IoT will converge through multi-architecture cloud services on HUAWEI CLOUD to propel the “New Confluence” and accelerate the intelligence transformation:
- 5G provides unprecedented connectivity though high bandwidth and low latency, enabling cloud computing to better serve various scenarios and making the cloud easily accessible.
- AI is the basis for making everything intelligent through its training, learning, and decision-making capabilities. Deployment of AI on the cloud makes it inclusive to all enterprises.
- IoT technologies enable us to connect to numerous objects and gain real-time data. Backed by 5G and AI, IoT enables immediate responses and decisions.
Delivering the AI Advantage to Asia Pacific Enterprises
To meet demand, in 2019, HUAWEI CLOUD deployed more availability zones to provide secure and reliable cloud services across Asia Pacific. Today in the region there are seven availability zones, with local service teams in more than 10 countries to resolve customer issues quickly and easily.
In addition, HUAWEI CLOUD launched several new services that deliver game-changing AI capabilities to help Asia Pacific businesses drive efficiency, innovation and growth.
- Since the beginning of 2019, in Asia Pacific HUAWEI CLOUD as seen increased adoption among enterprises in the internet, finance, telecommunications, transportation and logistics sectors, as more customers benefit from the platform’s cost-effective scalability and powerful AI capabilities.
- Added more than 300 partners to its Huawei Cloud Partner Network (HCPN), a global programme that helps partners grow their businesses on HUAWEI CLOUD through valuable services and technical, marketing and management support.
- Opened a new cloud and AI innovation lab in Singapore to cultivate local AI talent and develop new AI applications.
One customer benefitting from HUAWEI CLOUD is J&T Express, an express delivery company that provides services for more than 600 million users in seven countries in Southeast Asia. J&T Express leverages HUAWEI CLOUD’s global coverage to optimise its transnational IT architecture and deploy services on the cloud.
The World’s First Cloud Service Provider in Africa
HUAWEI CLOUD is now offering commercial services in South Africa. This makes Huawei the world’s first cloud service provider with an operational data centre in Africa, with support currently provided across 12 African countries.
Deployed by carriers, governments, and internet, manufacturing, energy and transportation industries, HUAWEI CLOUD is helping African enterprises scale their resources to meet business needs on-demand. HUAWEI CLOUD plans to operate more data centres in Kenya, Nigeria and other countries in Africa to provide localised, safe and reliable services.
In the past six months, HUAWEI CLOUD’s users and partners has rapidly grown in Africa. Its customers include leading African enterprises, such as the following:
- Kilimall, Africa’s local e-commerce platform, uses HUAWEI CLOUD to quickly scale resources and flexibly add new services based on fast-evolving customer demands.
- Weshare, a leading Internet finance company, is benefitting from a two-week service deployment that shorten the latency of access to the headquarters to less than 100 ms, enabling quicker financial services in Kenya.
- Africawide, a consulting company in South Africa, for which HUAWEI CLOUD applied container technologies and built a global operations centre to reduce TCO, improve customer experience and enhance service flexibility.
Enabling Ambitious Businesses to Grow with Intelligence
In August, Huawei Cloud announced that its Chile region is open for business, providing a full-stack cloud platform and a wide range of Artificial Intelligence (AI) services for Latin America.
HUAWEI CLOUD remains committed to driving innovation by building a future-oriented cloud platform which is now trusted by more than one million enterprise users and developers who are benefiting from a new class of connected and intelligent applications as a service.
Scaling globally represents huge opportunities for these enterprises and is critical to the development of industries and economies. To enable this growth, HUAWEI CLOUD will continue to expand its global presence to offer one-click access to a global infrastructure supported by local services, allowing a global reach while meeting local data requirements.