Members of the Australian security industry convened at The Ivy Ballroom in Sydney for the 2014 Australian Security Industry Awards for Excellence; the peak national awards for security professionals.
An initiative of Australian Security Industry Association Limited (ASIAL), the annual Australian Security Industry Awards for Excellence promote and acknowledge the outstanding achievements of security professionals.
In its 19th year, the Australian Security Industry Awards for Excellence recognised the following outstanding individuals and organisations:
- Security Student of the Year: Aziz Raonaq, Crown Melbourne Ltd
- Training: MSS Security
- Integrated Security Solutions above $250,000: Chubb Fire and Security, Attorney General’s Project
- Integrated Security Solutions under $250,000: Fredon Security, West Belconnen ESA
- Individual Achievement, Security Management: Hayley Morgan, CAP Security Services, 1300SMILES Stadium Contract
- Individual Achievement, General Security: Mouhamed ‘Moe’ Abdallah, Wilson Security, Saving Lives
- Special Security Event or Project: Charter Security, World Aids Conference – Melbourne 2014
- In-house Security Team: Australian Turf Club, Keeping the Sport of Kings Safe.
Winners were selected by an independent panel of judges.
ASIAL CEO Bryan de Caires said that, in a changing security environment, the private security industry is performing a vital and ever growing role.
“These awards reflect the diverse range of services provided and recognises the key role performed by the industry in safeguarding the Australian community,” Mr de Caires said.